Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: enticer 300 driver question

  1. #1


    Default enticer 300 driver question

    I want to put a 121 skid in my enticer. The drive shaft is square so its hard to find 2.52 pitch drivers. The only ones i can find are for a bravo from kimpex, they are the ones that come in a kit for the short track bravo. Does anyone know if they will fit?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Burlington Wi.
    Posts
    984


    Default

    They should as far as I know all the square shafts were the same size for drivers.

    I think the first year ET 250 used a 2.52 track and all the longtrack ET's and Bravo's did too so they can be found they're just not very common.

    The easiest square shaft sleds to convert with used parts are Ovations. 1st gen Phazer secondary drives bolt right in. Jackshaft, chaincase, driveshaft and clutch.

    opsled
    Last edited by opsled; 12-29-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.

  3. #3


    Default

    Thanks that's what I thought the bravo and early enticers have similar components. Diameter of drivers should be close to the same, the enticer has 11 teeth but 2 are between the cogs at once, the bravo has 7 teeth with one driving so the way I figure the enticer is 5.7" and the bravo is 5.6" diameter.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ProStock Lasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    510


    Thumbs up Kimpex # 04-108-19

    Quote Originally Posted by yamajohn
    I want to put a 121" track in my ET-300.
    The drive shaft is square so its hard to find 2.52 pitch drivers.
    The only ones i can find are for a Bravo from Kimpex,
    they are the ones that come in a kit for the short track Bravo.
    Does anyone know if they will fit ?
    ET-300
    * Stock Pitch on track and track drivers: 3,29"
    * Stock Track Lenght: 102"
    * Stock Track With: 15"
    * Stock drive axle: 0,875" Square axle


    Modified ET-300 for modern tracks with 2,52" pitch
    * 7-Teeth Drivers for 0,875" Square axle ---> Kimpex # 04-108-19 ( 2,52" pitch )




    WTB:
    * Reichard's ( RPC ) , single stealth pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * AAEN , single pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * PSI , single pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * Bender , single pipe ( Phazer-II )


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    // Lasse from SWEDEN.

  5. #5


    Default

    1978 and 1979 Enticers has 2.52 pitch but were 7 tooth drivers. No one makes 8 or 9 tooth drive sprockets for a square shaft. I have 8 tooth drive sprockets on my oval race sleds. 9 won't have the clearance. I used Bravo long track shafts ( still available from Yamaha). They are hex, but are a little too long, so I had to shorten it on the side with the big nut, machine it down and rethread it. It works great and lessons the rolling resistance with the bigger drivers. They also made a hex shaft for certain Enticer long tracks that I think will be a direct bolt it, but never could find one to try.

  6. #6


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasse
    ET-300
    * Stock Pitch on track and track drivers: 3,29"
    * Stock Track Lenght: 102"
    * Stock Track With: 15"
    * Stock drive axle: 0,875" Square axle


    Modified ET-300 for modern tracks with 2,52" pitch
    * 7-Teeth Drivers for 0,875" Square axle ---> Kimpex # 04-108-19 ( 2,52" pitch )





    Hey Lasse,

    Would this also apply to converting an Ovation to a 2.52 pitch driver?
    Same part number?

  7. #7
    Senior Member ProStock Lasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    510


    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelerdude
    Hey Lasse,

    Would this also apply to converting an Ovation to a 2.52 pitch driver ?
    Same part number?
    NO,
    The Ovation does not have Square axle it has an Hexagonal axle.

    WTB:
    * Reichard's ( RPC ) , single stealth pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * AAEN , single pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * PSI , single pipe ( Phazer-II )
    * Bender , single pipe ( Phazer-II )


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    // Lasse from SWEDEN.

  8. #8


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasse
    NO,
    The Ovation does not have Square axle it has an Hexagonal axle.


    Ok, so would an Hexagonal 2.52 driver from a Bravo fit?

    Or more simply put : what drivers will convert an Ovation from 3.29 pitch to 2.52 pitch without changing the shaft?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Burlington Wi.
    Posts
    984


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelerdude
    Ok, so would an Hexagonal 2.52 driver from a Bravo fit?

    Or more simply put : what drivers will convert an Ovation from 3.29 pitch to 2.52 pitch without changing the shaft?
    1st gen Phazer is what you need to convert Ovation to 2.52.

    The entire secondary/jackshaft/chaincase/driveshaft is a bolt in and you get a secondary that is worth effing with. Phazer engine will bolt up too.

    Sleeper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    opsled
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.

  10. #10


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opsled
    1st gen Phazer is what you need to convert Ovation to 2.52.

    The entire secondary/jackshaft/chaincase/driveshaft is a bolt in and you get a secondary that is worth effing with. Phazer engine will bolt up too.

    Sleeper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    opsled
    So your saying that the drivers from a first Gen Phazer will fit the Ovation shaft?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •