Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1991 Phazer II gas tank

Junior Member Mini
    My Sled
    sxr,vector

Default 1991 Phazer II gas tank

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the 1991 Phazer II gas tank? Never quite know how far I can push it. It's my daughters sled and is the one that sets the pace for our gas stops.

Thanks,

Smurf

Senior Member Stock pantherfan89's Avatar
    My Sled
    93Exciter SX96Phazer

I believe its 8.2 , I have an old brochure of 1990 and a 1992 and both are 8.2 I am sure that 1991 is the same . I am getting about 11.9 MPG if yours is like mine should get about about 93 miles to tank maybe more ...maybe less depending on conditions .

Junior Member Mini
    My Sled
    sxr,vector

Thanks. I'm going to watch gas milage better, but it seems I can get to the 90 mile range before I fill up. Maybe we've been just getting lucky.

Thanks

My Sled
    94 Vmax4 750ST

Thumbs up

Yep..8.2 !!

Now, not sure how your daughter might ride, but my wife's Phazer II consistently gets 16 MPG..so at 8 gal, that gives you 128 range.

At least that our experiences, & while my wife isnt hard on the throttle, we are usually off trail & playing in powder. Now if she pushes the sled, it will drop to 15 MPG, darn good fuel sipping motors IMHO !!
    94 VMax4~750ST, Ceramic Coated PSI Quads, 800 Driveline & Secondary, RX1 Suspension,Tracks USA Extension, 136" 1.250" Camo Predator Track, Carbon Fiber Reeds, Polished Tunnel & Ski's, New Paint,Hood & Customized Seat,Custom Graphics
    93 Phazer II LE ~Ceramic Coated DG Pipe~Boyssen Reeds~Camoplast track
    94 Phazer II
    92 Vmax-4 750
    90 Phazer II
    88 Exciter 570 LC
    85 Phazer

Ya Just Can't Beat The Sound of Quads @ FULL THROTTLE!!

My Sled
    93Exciter SX96Phazer

Quote Originally Posted by racerrob6m
    Yep..8.2 !!

Now, not sure how your daughter might ride, but my wife's Phazer II consistently gets 16 MPG..so at 8 gal, that gives you 128 range.

At least that our experiences, & while my wife isnt hard on the throttle, we are usually off trail & playing in powder. Now if she pushes the sled, it will drop to 15 MPG, darn good fuel sipping motors IMHO !!
    Wow , thats good Gas mileage , I wonder whats causing my low MPG Ive got a 1996 and only get 11.9 , carbs cleaned and new belt .

My Sled
    yamaha

do all the first generation phazers have the same size tank? Now ya'll have me curious of my 88

My Sled
    93Exciter SX96Phazer

Quote Originally Posted by djrascoe
    do all the first generation phazers have the same size tank? Now ya'll have me curious of my 88
    I also have a old brochure of my original 1989 phazer , old style , and it shows 8.4 gallons .

Quote Originally Posted by racerrob6m
    Yep..8.2 !!

Ditto for our 1990 Phazer !
    Trailing Arm Suspension ie. B.S.S. Bump Steer Suspension or B.A.S. Bending Arm Suspension,
    *See http://www.vintagevmax.com/ for information on the 81 SRX and Vmax540's Thank you !

My Sled
    93Exciter SX96Phazer

Ok , so whats with the good ol gas mileage ,. What am I doing wrong? I cleaned the carbs took all the gas from the tank (removed and cleaned it . )Am I missing something ? I want good gas mileage tooo . I am pretty light on the throttle , not a crazy person on the trail . I think I drive it easy to normal . Do you think I need a new clutch spring . Maybe get a High performance belt. I kinda confused.

The overall state of tune such as worn/dirty clutches, belt offset/C.C., too rich of jetting, bad bearings, ski alignment all effect mileage. A Tight track adds a lot of drag, heck I run my tracks just tight enough to avoid ratcheting.
    Trailing Arm Suspension ie. B.S.S. Bump Steer Suspension or B.A.S. Bending Arm Suspension,
    *See http://www.vintagevmax.com/ for information on the 81 SRX and Vmax540's Thank you !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast