Thread: 2006 Yamaha Apex RTX Compression Gauge Adapter yu-33223-3

My Sled
    2006 Yamaha Apex RTX

Unhappy 2006 Yamaha Apex RTX Compression Gauge Adapter yu-33223-3

So, i was riding my 2006 Yamaha Apex RTX and the engine temp light came on. I was about 1 mile from a road, so i stayed in the powder (what i normaly do if and when this occasionaly happens) and the light didn't go out (normaly it does). On the way to the road, i hit the kill switch when going down hill to help keep the heat down. When I got to the road, I stopped the sled and called for a truck to bring the sled home. When the truck arrived (about an hour later) i started the sled, drove up a snow bank and into the truck without an issue. When i got home, i tried to start the sled and i had trouble getting it to start. The exaust had a grey smoke comming out. Once i got it to start it ran rough. (oil build up from the kill switch or Head gasket - head issues ???) I now have a headache, no pun intended.

The next day, i looked into it, the track threw a pic thru my front heat exchanger (no big deal, i can fix that).

I am now paranoid about the engine, so i stripped it down and removed the spark plugs (they are clean, only some usual carbon. whew) and i now want to do a compression test (just to be sure). I went to a local automotive store and rented a compression tester. I wasn't able to use it due to the fact that the thread size for the Yamaha apex is smaller than most spark plugs.

My service and repar manual states that i need a Compression Gauge Adapter yu-33223-3. Does anyone know an inexpensive source for a Yamaha Compression Gauge Adapter yu-33223-3?

Thanks,
    Christos

My Sled
    yamaha viper

you may get more info on the 4 stroke side, but someone here might know! moved it to the tech questions section
    2003 SXViper
    venture mirrors, silver gas cap, handlebar ends, vent screens, Simmons skis, skid plate, blue chrome windy, 2" rox riser, 53/43 and green secondary, ripsaw, AmSoil, and Mono Shock Skid!!!!

1976 Merc Trail Twister
    complete going through in progress