Thread: 83 enticer 340 long track mod

Junior Member Mini
    My Sled
    enticer 340 deluxe

Default 83 enticer 340 long track mod

I'm starting to get this project going, I am trying to get a 121 skid and track into my enticer 340 deluxe. So far I've found a ton of rear skids on ebay but I'm not sure which one to get, what to look for and what not.. Anyone on here have any advice for me?
    I'm going to be posting some pictures up from time to time so stay posted.

My Sled
    enticerII/apex xtx

try to stay lightweight and 8" of travel should be plenty compared to 4". could always set your skid back farther to go from the 116" track they came with.
    410cc reliable power (enticerII) rx tunnel braces
    1000cc of yamaha excellence (apex xtx)

00 xt350 mods:custom webcams ss intake and exh valves titaium springs and retainers porting oversize ss head pipe gytr raptor silencer gutted airbox pod filters lithium battery cr bend pro tapers

08 wr250x mods: avon distanzias carbonfibre framegaurds cf case savers cf skidplate xt350 mirrors gytr slipon sunstar chain sprockets +8 teeth on rear trex frame sliders cr bend protapers

My Sled
    01 SRX 700-trail mod

I'm thinkin a phazer II 121" would fit in there easily??
    2001 SRX 700 & & all now

VIP Member
    My Sled
    over 9 asst yamahas

i did an 87 srv skid into an 83 enticer years back. "long tracked' it to 121, ha, ha. works great. put the track from my 94 vmax under it. sleds still in the stable and does get ridden occasionally.

My Sled
    07 phaz gt

currently in the middle of doing my exciter to a 133. already have the skid & track. skid almost fits but will need to extend tunnel some. not sure what it was out of, guy said it was a frankenstein sled, might be a polaris touring skid?

i'll have to make sure the skids are easy to swap in/out for racing though.

i'll post some pics & details if i start on it tomorrow.
    80 exciter 440-project
    07 phazer gt 136

Senior Member Mod
    My Sled
    03 RX1 92 Vmax4

The ET 340 used a 3.25 pitch track that was about 108"? long. They never came with a 116" track. The 116" and 121" tracks are a 2.52 pitch and take different drivers than the ET 340. To put a 121 in it you will need compatable drivers that are not easily found. The ET uses a square driveshaft for it's drivers and all the 121/116" Yamaha sleds used a hex shaft. The only 2.52" drivers I know of that were used on Yamaha ET squared driveshafts were the first year or two ET 250 and all long track (136") versions of the Enticer line. Both are scarce.

Good Luck, opsled
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.