Thread: 89 exciter Carb clean

Junior Member Mini
    My Sled
    1989 Yamaha Exciter

Default 89 exciter Carb clean

Quick Question. what do i need to take out to get to my carbs to clean the carbs and how do I clean them? All answers much appreciated.

Senior Member Improved prankster's Avatar
    My Sled
    Custom Exciter 1989

You need to open the screws that holds the carburettors to the intake rubbers, loosen the throttle lids, lift out the throttles. Losen up the gas lines and the hoses that goes to your cooler system.(plug them with a bolt or something). Now u pull the carbs away from the airbox and the only thing that holds it is the choke wires. Loosen them up and then u can begin your cleaning. It usually is alot of crap in the bottom of the carbs....Use compressed air when u clean it
    -------------Custom Classics Rocks!-------------------

Custom Exciter-89, extended to 136", 1,5" ripsaw track, 8 tooth drivers, Vmax 600 skid 2" lowered. 40" widefront, Vmax 4 -front shocks and Powder Pro skis. 6" bar riser. Vmax 700 hydraulic brake, electric start, digatron 52sl. Ported and bored 0.40 od, Vmax 600 flatslides. PSI single pipe, unifilters, comet 108 exp primary, oem secondary. Skidoo REV rear end and plastics, Polaris assault footrest reinforcements.

My Sled
    1989 Exciter 570

Also, only take 1 apart at a time, take notes of the jets installed, as well as the needle used. These things will come in handy later if ever you have problems...
    89 Exciter 570, Port & Polished, PSI piped, Custom cold air box, 96 Vmax T.S.S struts and widened to 42", stage 2 strut valving and stage 2 sway bar, Fully Rebuilt Stock Skid, Custom 136 Rail Extensions and custom tunnel extension, 136" Camoplast Cobra track 1.35inch paddles, Graphite Sliders, Camoplast all-terrain camo skiis, rear end dropped 2 inches. My Widdle Powda Killa :