Power Valves

Havingsx

First time cleaning power valves so I just want to make sure I reinstalled them correctly. Does anybody have a pic on how the tip should be orientated. Is the angle supposed to be verticle to match the jug?

98700 said:
The longer side goes on top.......... Like this..........\___________]---------
Yep, longer side on top. Nice sketch 98700!

Havingsx said:
Is the angle supposed to be verticle to match the jug?
Nope, the angle is more horizontal to match the exhaust port and runner.

powervalve001.png

powervalve002.png

daman said:

Those are the pics I keep looking for to save them, so when we get this question again. This thead is saved for future reference.

And Ding: It's the easiest way to show someone using the key board, lol.

i think mine were put in wrong lol when i took them out to clean them on my srx which is still new to me only ridden in my basement when i took them out they i believe were in the wrong way so now im gonna have to take them out again and fix them. what happens when there in the wrong way

djdarkmunk said:
i think mine were put in wrong lol when i took them out to clean them on my srx which is still new to me only ridden in my basement when i took them out they i believe were in the wrong way so now im gonna have to take them out again and fix them. what happens when there in the wrong way
How well did it turn - in your basement that is, and what were your lap times?

They cut the exhaust runner down more than they should and cause more turbulence because the port height is not clean. You should notice a increase in power once they are in right and adjusted correctly.

i meant that i drove it in to the basement off from the trailer lol so it wont cause any damage.

How long does it take to do a complete cleaning on the viper? Is it fairly simple? I believe I have printed off the procedure somewhere but have never done it, I dont want to mess it up.

well im rather a noob at this kinda thing but it took me about 45 min to get them out and but some one who new what they were doing probly about 20 min to get them out and in

do they have do be disconnected from the cables to clean them or can you just pull them off and clean them up still connected?

I do mine still connected. I have to pull my pipes off for room. Lay rags in bottom of pan and go to scrubbing. Lightly use a razor blade, then use carb cleaner (several applications) and toothbrush, then finish with a scotchbrite pad. Take note, lots of scrubbing required and a sore back when done, lol. Always wondered how a nylon brush instead of a wire one on the end of a cordless drill would work. Never got around to trying it, but bet it would work pretty good.

all right sounds good, I may mess around with them this weekend. and see what happens, runs fine right now but thought if I had time to do it I may try and clean em up.
Thanks for the info.

djdarkmunk said:
i meant that i drove it in to the basement off from the trailer lol so it wont cause any damage.
I was just messin with ya man, I do that a lot on here sorry . . .

Back