DCS, the sum up thread

norwegian

Hi
As you all know, I have been having issues with the dcs for years. No matter what I did, did it go away. Mrviper700 blaimed on the fuel. So a few days ago I took his advice, tried fuel from a different pump from a different country(!) (Finland). I dropped 2 fuel ficht catalysts also into the 2,5 gallon (10 liter) can and let it sit overnight and the afternoon today. Guess what, at 151,3s across and with the finnish fuel, it wouldn't light the dcs, I took several, maybe 6-7 passes with it, hard, 100mph plus over trail/fresh snow. I had also checked that the exhaust joints were not leaking. I will have to make another test run tomorrow to confirm my results.

So my findings are, as scientifically as can sum it :
1) You can jet up to help on the dcs bit
2) You can only jet so far, the rest must come with better octane, if you're still having trouble, try another pump (on a different gas station)
3) Fuel ficht catalysts might or might not be a contributing factor
4) Make sure your exhaust system is tight. This could or could not be a factor.
5) I did not have to use race gas to make it stop.

Feel free to ask questions, I have dealt with this for years.

if ur putting bigger jet for sure it will help the dcs ..the exhaust temp goes down so it help for detonation ...agrresive clutch set up could be a factor ..it does load the motor alots creating more heat ...

IT JUST SEEMS SOME OF YOU GUYS ASK QUESTIONS HERE, BUT REALLY DON,T LISTEN TO THE ANSWER. MR-VIPER, TURK, MYSELF, AND OTHERS HAVE POSTED ON HERE EXACTLY WHAT YOU JUST POSTED FOR PROBLEY 4 YEARS NOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)

i'm perfect with it ..i run a 2001 lolllllllllllllll no warning light to be worry it goes caboummmm if its not set up properly

I thought there was something wrong with the motor or dcs sensor because the fuel is supposed to be good here. Guess it's not that good.

You can't dissconnect it but you can unscrew it from the water rail and ground it to the chassis. The sled will run like it's not there.

with my SRX the DCS does not blink at all,with hard long pulls and more aggressive clutching.I just run with 91 octane premium,fitch fuel cat., stock jetting and it works for me.Go figure...

norwegian,

i dont know the quality of gas you have over there but I have learned that the stock 01 jetting 150 148.8 148.8 is perfect for a stock motor with 10% ethanol... How much ethanol is in your gas?

If your DCS is still going off with that jetting, you have a fuel quality issue

The fuel was apparently much worse than I thought. could go for kilometers at wot without it going off, it did come on though after many long hard pulls, I guess it's getting a little hot by then. It runs very good on finnish fuel that has been ficht fuel treated.

We also found that good clutching also plays a factor in the DCS issues, because of how the clutch setup is loading your motor.

Yes, I have a clutch set up for doing just that, it's just not on the sled right now.

Anybody see the new
Product from amsoil in snowtech? It is called quickshot se how do you think it would work as an additive into premium pump??

Just wanna add to the post and say that I too fought with the DCS light going off at random times.
My sled has never seen ethanol fuel and i always ran premium 91 octane. I tried different pumps in Wyoming and Colorado that claimed to have good gas. Even mixed in 114 octane and jetted it up super rich. Still came on.
So now i am riding and getting 91 octane Non corn gas from Montana, I personally know the owner of the fuel station and he swears its good and provides it every winter for sleds. WELL... what do ya know.....4 rides this year, some really hard deep climbs WOT and not a flash of DCS anytime!!!!
I should have listened to Mr Viper, and YAMMIEGOD in the first place that it was the fuel,,,,i didn't,,, but will from now on!!!! Thank you guys for all the great info you offer up here... BEST SLED SITE ON THE WEB

Last edited:

Back