Srx Heads On Viper

Yep, pros, better cooling,even out compression, are just a few. Cons, Ya need to buy or make water rail, Ya have to cut head to compensate for head gasket or get cylinders cut for o rings. These are just a few i can think of. I personally like the srx head setup.

It all depends on your setup, If you throw on srx heads with a viper head gasket and dont cut the head i believe you will be pretty low on compression. So it all depends on how much you cut off the heads. Here is my setup just so you can see the waterrail you will need.

I am running with o rings on my viper, I have about 135Psi on mine. Dont know how much you have to shave off to run a head gasket, Maybe someone else will chime in. I would think you should atleast shave off the thickness of you head gasket?

yes, you would need to shave the thickness of the viper head gasket (.030") off the srx heads, in order to keep the same squish clearance. remember, that most guys will use the '00-'02 heads, as they are a little tighter cc wise, versus the '98-'99 heads.

Back