Viper with the srx pipes on?

hereismylife

Website
www.hereismylife.com
I am looking for a update since I did not see much conversation about this lately.

If I am correct it will be the most hp for a stock sled....

I am still thinking on doing this because I will have my viper around for a while yet. I am just looking for any updates or what new stuff I might need...ect...ect..

thanks

talk with BETHEVIPER and WYViper, as they have done this before. i don't like how you have to cut your belly pan for pipe clearance. i would put SLP pipes on it, instead of retrofiting srx pipes on.

Not the intent

Joe, the intent of putting SRX pipes on a viper was never to get "the most horse power". The people who experimented with this were first interested in reliable and BETTER power with the GAS MILEAGE of an SRX. This mod was always about reliability and gas mileage....with tripple pipe power. It may have been posted before but I'm not sure I've ever seen dyno sheets regarding this mod. If you are looking for the most horse power just throw a set of viper pipes on your viper and be done with it. Also keep in mind to make the SRX pipe mod work properly it also required a CDI change to an SRX box, some funky override wire to prevent a warning light and custom manifolds. If you want to learn more about doing this you should contact BETHEVIPER who, to my knowledge, was the first to experiment with it. I also know that a guy who went by CONCEPTCARBON did it too....he made a really nice looking manifold that bolted to viper cylinders and converted to SRX pipes. My personal advice to you after having been through ALL of this.....the SRX pipes, the viper pipes, the 780's and on and on and on is this: With the little amount of snow we get just throw a set of heel clickers in your stock piped viper and ride it whenever you get the chance. If you need a heel clicker set up for your sled I'm happy to give it to you.

Madmatt

thanks for the input guys...

Yea I know we don't get a lot of snow...sucks but what can we do..

I would do the aftermarket pipes but I don't want any police problems.

Yes I want the hp but I want it to be like stock reliable hp.

The fastest 2 stroke sled is the srx...so if I put the srx stuff in my viper then I have the most hp in my viper so to speak....

Maybe I am just over thinking this...;)!

also I am trying to keep my e/r stuff to ......

This is why I am asking for the update and gathering more info....

I looked over older posts but did not see anything up to date....

SLP's will make reliable power, but you won't get the gas mileage as if you had srx pipes like madmatt stated. but, you also won't have to make custom manifolds, if you just get some SLP's. not to mention the SLP's IMO sound like a stock srx. they are very trail friendly pipes and make good power w/broad powerband. also, madmatt had a good point....w/the lack of snow we get now a days, just clutch a stocker and save the cash. that's why my bud decided to sell his viper and why i just sold my rev yesterday......no snow or time to ride them.

Dont think you could run the SRX pipe swap while keeping the E Start without going to an aftermarket silencer, so cops will still give you grief.

All said and done, it cost me more to put the SRX pipes on and took a good few weeks to complete.
Sled007.jpg

Last edited:
Srx Cylinders?

Obviously those are SRX heads & water rail. Are those SRX cylinders too?? If so, then there is significantly more cost there too.

Madmatt

WNYViper said:
Dont think you could run the SRX pipe swap while keeping the E Start without going to an aftermarket silencer, so cops will still give you grief.

All said and done, it cost me more to put the SRX pipes on and took a good few weeks to complete.
Sled007.jpg
but.... imo... it looks awesome and stock

mattyg1405 said:
but.... imo... it looks awesome and stock

Thanks... couldnt have done it without BETHEVIPER and ConceptCarbon, by the time I finished the swap they were probably banging their heads against their desks everytime they saw a new PM from me, lol

Back