Viper Tow Hitch?

MaineMan

Just picked up an 04 Viper, along with a Snowcoach for my two-year old. What are my options for a rugged tow hitch? I don't want the universal kind that just hooks to the rear bumper. I want one that is reinforced under the seat or to the side of the tunnel.

Thanks!

Here is what I did.
1. Take the existing rear grab bar off and cut it in half.
2. Get a steel rod that fits inside and cut it to fit the entire length.
3. Turn the heat up on the welder and weld the seam that was your initial cut.
4. Get one of those HD universal hitches. Turn the heat down abit and weld the hitch on.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping for a bolt-on option, as I have some mechanical skills, but none when it comes to metal fabrication and welding. Having said that, could you post a picture, in case I have to bring it somewhere to be fabricated?

Thanks!

I'll get a picture.
Before the one that I posted, I used a big barn hinge. Obviously the long portion of the hinge was secured to the top of the tunnel with steel rivets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 88
could you post a picture!
I don't know how much of a help these pictures will be. But now that I think about this, you wouldn't really need a welder.
1. Take grab bar off and cut in half.
2. Fit a solid steel rod inside the entire length.
3. After its all back together , bolt on a h/d universal hitch over the seam. The place I ordered from offered a standard and h/d hitches.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 8
Kimpex makes hitches that mount through the bumper and have a gusset plate that ties into the back of the tunnel for Polaris sleds. They may make something similar for the Yamaha chassis it's worth a look.

Back