simmons ski's what carbide size with ripsaw track

grippper

im thinking about ordering a set of simmons ski's but i might wait untill haydays to see if i can get a good deal out there.what size carbide will work with the ripsaw track.

are those the dual runners??? If so I have heard to run like a 6 inch on one side and a 4 inch on the others on each ski. Check the search the RX/RS forum. I am sure it in there.

I ran the 6 inside and 4 outside on my RX-1 which worked well. If you are an aggressive rider I WOULDN'T run the Simmon's on my SRX. I like them on my RX-1 because they add to the stability by making the stance wider and they provide a slight understeer which improves the handling. With the extra weight of the rx1 front end, wider stance and slight understeer, I think the ski creates the perfect balance for that sled. With the SRX I would worry about washing out, especially on loose snow. I recommend SLP SLT's for the SRX, they are a great all around ski. Less money too.

I run 4" on one side on my sx w/ a M-10(lots of ski pressure) and a 136x1.25 track. The inside is just the stock hardweld bar. On the Rx, I run 4" on both sides(all 4) and that was with a 136x2 track, and a M-10 with lots of ski pressure. Different rear suspension set-ups will require different desired amounts of carbide.

Back