RE: Timing setup on 1980 SRX440

MountainMax

RE: Timing setup on 1980 SRX440

Hey Guys, I have my engine put together now and im ready to set the timing, I have a TDC guage but what do I do next??I have the stator plate bolts slightly loose so I can turn it, I put it back on the old screw marks that were there before but I want to get her right on the mark. Can anyone talk me through it please.......

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 15

I can give you someone that may now how to help you time that sled?? Would that be good....I dont have any info on that bad boy...

I have worked on lots of yamaha sleds before but never had to adjust the timing, i want this one to be as good as i can get it, if it's advanced too much it will detonate and burn up, if it's too retarted i will lose power, it has to be right on to get this little 440 to make over 100HP!!

What happened to the Tripple? Where you just pulling our chain? Stock looks good. :flag:

Hehe actually i fitted the triple in there from my mountain max, it's back in there again, I done this for a reason though, Im working on a deal to buy a 1978 SSR440 sno pro, very similar chassis and engine as the SRX440. I want to fit a SRX 835 big bore engine in it for open modified race class, i wanted to see if it was possible, The SSR has a much larger hood area for more room to hide the pipes. it did all fit in the the SRX so next summer im off for a trip to hopefully pick up the SSR, then the fun begins.........

Will be an awesome sled and I'm sure you'll keep us posted. :rockon:

Back