Gasket material

A couple of bucks

VIP Member
Replacing the gaskets on my sons SX6 when the fresh reeds and the notched stop goes in. I found out that my O'Reillys stocks just about any size, thickness(measured in 32nds) and material. None of it is out front, you need to ask to see what they have in the back.
This particular stuff, which seems to be a direct match for the OEM intake gasket material, is rubber impregnated cellulose and is 3/32nds. Cost..........$7 and I could easily get 27 intake gaskets out of this sheet. Not that I'd ever need to. This stuff came in a roll but they had sheets of all different kinds of shtuff.
And a 1 hole punch is perfect size for these holes.

Attachments

• gasket.jpg
    gasket.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 16
  • reed gage gaskets.jpg
    reed gage gaskets.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Nice, I use a similar material to make all sorst of gaskets for cars, tractors, and sleds. The material you have looks like excellent material. The hole punch is the perfect tool for making gaskets, been using it for over 30 years.

So I HIGH TACKed the gaskets to the cages & copper coated the opposite side. Yea I know it's more than likely over kill, but I had both the H/T and the C/C in the garage already on hand.

Attachments

• reed1.jpg
    reed1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
  • reed2.jpg
    reed2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 24
  • reed3.jpg
    reed3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
ottawaair said:
Hey Now... I made quite a few Milwaulkees Best case gaskets back then.. Worked just fine.

I can remember banging out a few T-stat housing gaskets with a ball-peen hammer and/or using oil on the gasket surface and imprinting it onto "gasket material".

I'm planning on making some new gaskets for my coolant rail on my srx, would I need to use the copper gakset spray or just use them without the spray?

Back