1980 Srx ?

hd145002

Hello I just picked up a 1980 SRX, pretty clean, anyone know of websites for clutching or parts and by the way it has no spark. any info is appreciated. thank you bryan

first thing to check on that sled is the charge and pulse coil in behind the magneto, they were known for going bad, use a digital voltmeter and see if there is any voltage coming out when you pull the sled over, it should vary, wont be alot. I have changed alot of them. What did you need for clutching? usually the comet clutch is the best upgrade, use a yellow sq. comet spring with b1 cam arms. On the secondary your gonna have a problem, as yamaha only made 2 differnt helix for the secondary, need to know which letter yours is first, then buy a brand new rear spring, its likely very tired by now being 15 years old.

mr viper700

you are right no spark, any tips for changing that and should I buy a new one if available. thanks for your time, bryan

What should the 80 SRX 440 have for jetting?
I pulled the carbs apart on my basket case & found 58 pilots & 260 mains set in the carbs. Will this jetting be ok for a starting point once I get the sled back together?

bushman

not sure of the specs we just tore into it trying to get spark and havent had the chance to go through the carbs. Iwas going to see if anyone had a manual for sale. maybe check with a dealer. good luck

Ok how about this, What heads are better pn# 8J000 or 8A700? I have both & cylinders are pn# 8g900. The gears in the sled are 18/29 as of now. I also have 19 top,31 & 33 bottom gears with another chain.

Back