1980 enticer 340

marc8_2

anyone tried to put twin carbs on a 1980 enticer 340? Am thinking of putting a set of twin flat slide carbs to see if there would be a noticeable difference from oem single carb. what would you think?

There are no manifolds that I know of to do it with. ET's are an odd 3 bolt design and you would likely have to make/fab something to do it.

Personally I see no need to do it. Great sleds as is. If ya need more you could buy a bigger sled for less than messing with the ET.

opsled

I noticed this post is from 2012 but I was looking to do twin flat slide carbs on my race sled. I cut out a flat plate to match the engine side then created another flat plate to match the boot side and used 2” pipe to connect the two plates. Used a die grinder and hogged out the holes then attached them to the sled. If I had to do it again I’d use individual carbs instead of linked together ones and would have used different boots but it’s all I had on hand. For jetting I currently have 230 mains in them at the moment and am mixing my fuel 50:1. My ratios need some further tuning however for anyone attempting to do the same I hope this provides a starting point. I also have shaved heads on this engine at the moment and building 150 lbs of compression so my hope is I can run 108 octane. The other thing I’m not so sure about is the clearance with my secondary clutch. I might need to shift my adapters more to the right but for now it should work.

Attachments

• IMG_8163.jpeg
    IMG_8163.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8164.jpeg
    IMG_8164.jpeg
    736.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8166.jpeg
    IMG_8166.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8165.jpeg
    IMG_8165.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I built a two piece intake manifold for both cylinders and installed 34mm dual carbs on mine last spring. I was not super impressed with the performance. I think the motor worked just as good with a single 44mm on it.

Throttle response was really nice with the carbs so close to the cylinders. Was fun to ride off on throttle.

I would post picture but to much of a pain in butt... re-sizing pictures sorry.

Two pieces carb adapter.

Attachments

• 20230315_192658_remastered.jpg
    20230315_192658_remastered.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Dual 34mm carbs.

Attachments

• 20230316_141738.jpg
    20230316_141738.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230316_153744.jpg
    20230316_153744.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
My spec was.
#300 MJ
#35 PJ
6DH3 needle centre clip.
159 P-6 nozzle.
Seem to run good. Stock pipe. No air box of course.

My spec was.
#300 MJ
#35 PJ
6DH3 needle centre clip.
159 P-6 nozzle.
Seem to run good. Stock pipe. No air box of course.
Right on. If I was ever to do something like this the ideal tool would be to take my wide band O2 sensor from my Winder and install into the exhaust by welding in a bung. Then all the jetting could really be dialed in.

anyone tried to put twin carbs on a 1980 enticer 340? Am thinking of putting a set of twin flat slide carbs to see if there would be a noticeable difference from oem single carb. what would you think?
Love the idea. More air/fuel = power...but to some degree, there has to be a balance IMO. Duals on a 340? Eh, really only so far you can take it before lots of other 'go fast' mods need contemplated...440 and and large, lots of opportunity with duals. Have you thought about similar performance and function out of just a larger single carb? Alot comes in play here, fuel, any engine mods/head/piston, clutching, etc. Keep it simple IMO on a 340...Tune your existing and make it perfect or a bigger single! Heck, one less carb to worrry about :) But again, this is your sled and your idea, go with it and have fun!

Back