srx power valve adjustment question

striker7284bass

Hello,

I have read a bunch of the forums on here regarding adjusting the power valves but have one question. I had the power valve ends rebuilt because all three were pulled through so to get the cables out enough to hook the valves on i turned the servo motor to give me slack. When i slide the valves in with the collars and tighten the four screws down on the cable part do i need to tighten the cables or move the servo motor back to reduce the slack before i start the sled and then continue the adjusting.

u should just to make sure cable goes back right into the slot into the power valve motor

You wont hurt anything no matter how you do it but it is good to start with three lose cables so you no the servo has turned all the way to full open.

One tight cable would hold it back if it was overtight.

And yes just turn it back with pliers so the cables are in the right slot and wont come out.

Last edited:
Leave the screws loose enough so they wont fall out. Start sled and via the choke get RPM below 900. Servo should settle down and park itself. If servo is twitching/jittering theres already to much tension from cables, need to be loosened up. Once servo parks itself use a sharpie or awl to mark position. Using 2.5mm spacer of your choice tighten cables up until housing just touches spacer, set jam nut,remove spacers and tighten housing screws. Repeat on other two. By marking parked position you dont have to have sled continuie to run, if you bump it just move back to marked position and continue.

Leave the screws loose enough so they wont fall out. Start sled and via the choke get RPM below 900. Servo should settle down and park itself. If servo is twitching/jittering theres already to much tension from cables, need to be loosened up. Once servo parks itself use a sharpie or awl to mark position. Using 2.5mm spacer of your choice tighten cables up until housing just touches spacer, set jam nut,remove spacers and tighten housing screws. Repeat on other two. By marking parked position you dont have to have sled continuie to run, if you bump it just move back to marked position and continue.
When you say just move back to marked position. How do you do that ? I marked my servo resting spot but now it's off and I don't know how to put it back

That’s not exactly what I wanted to do. Follow link to home page. At very to is a tab Ty tech. Click that then click on Engines. Then the link by Mr viper on whole process

Back