Reeds

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
Since I have to pull carb rack for tors switch, I might as well replace the reeds. Is there any preference between boysen and v-force?

VForce is a better design of you ask me. Since they have 2 sets of petals they open half as much and have a straighter flow.

Since I have to pull carb rack for tors switch, I might as well replace the reeds. Is there any preference between boysen and v-force?

From what I've read here, there aren't any measurable performance gains with aftermarket and the V-force in particular don't seem to be as durable.

Having said that, I'm using Boyesen.

+1 ^^^

Stock reeds outlast any other, and no measurable performance gains going with aftermarket.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, I just did the math, I've been riding this sled for 18 years. lol, I have a problem letting go.

Last edited:
From what I've read here, there aren't any measurable performance gains with aftermarket and the V-force in particular don't seem to be as durable.

Having said that, I'm using Boyesen.

I should add that the only reason I installed the Boyesen's is because someone gave them to me. Didn't see any performance difference between them and OEM and I still have the OEMs which are still in good shape.

As far as Carbontechs are concerned:
1. Place a white piece of plain white printer paper on the table.
2. Put the reeds on the paper. They are made with the slightest bow in them. And I mean slight. The white paper against the black reeds makes this more noticeable.
3. Install with the hump(exaggerated)in the ^ up position. So that it always has a good seal.

Back