Home Made Clutch Tools

rather-b-sleddin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out how to make my own disassembly tools..They are very low tech but they work just fine and inexpensive also..(about $5.00 give or take)..I started off by drilling a hole in my work bench the same size as the shaft of the spider assembly(1 1/8"). I then placed the clutch in the hole (minus the cap,weights and rollers and made holding fixtures out of 1X3 pine..see attached picture..To remove the fixed sheave I puchased 1/4" X 1 1/2" X 3' steel bar and drilled 2 holes in it to match up with 2 holes where the starter ring gear is attached..Then pull the bar clockwise to remove the fixed sheave..

Attachments

• Bench setup 1.jpg
    Bench setup 1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Clutch in fixture 1.jpg
    Clutch in fixture 1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 216

Clutched

Hey crazy canuck, cool tool, that will save some $$$$ now you can walk me through my servicing. Talk to ya later. ;)!

i spent $150 on a real nice spider grunt tool from Wahl bros. it also removes the polaris jam nuts with ease. it comes with a mounting plate that goes in a vise.
Wahl bros gets them from Microbelmont.
yours may not be as nice of a tool, but the price for yours was alot more attractive.

Back