whats wrong with my sled?

sounds like the TORS switch is being activated, (throttle overide switch), usually caused by throttle cable too tight, idle adjuster not seated. have you recently cleaned the carbs or other work related to carbs?

first time starting it since i broke/replaced the throttle cable last season. So I need to loosen up the throttle cable and see if that helps?

I will try that when i get home, what would I do without the internet/forums?? lol

One thing I was wondering about, since the throttle cable runs both the carbs and the oil pump, do I have to worry about adjusting the tension on the oil pump, or only on the carbs?

Last edited:
most likely you just have it too tight on the throttle cable, the threaded adjuster on the carb rack, screw it down and give the cable some more slack. The oilpump cable is seperate.

so that oil cable has to be adjusted as well? that thing was a 2 hr job to get on, maybe i need some tips for putting that on

if all you replaced was the throttle cable and not the oilpump cable down under the back of engine it shouldnt have moved?

ok, so i set the thottle and oil cable, but still revs to 3000 and sputters. I dont know why, but it seems like if I move the choke it will take off. What could this be??

just replaced them from mountains to flatland,and the carbs looked clean when I had them apart (FYI, i had the same problem before changing jets)

like i said earlier though, the last time I rode it I broke the throttle cable and this is my first startup since then, makes me think some sensor is bad or out of adjustment

OK, my last attempt tonight. did you try bypassing TORS? You need to connect the two bullet connectors togehter at the carb switch, the two wires on the harness side of that connection. try that and let us know.

Back