kimpex trailing arms???

nytrodave

Aftermarket & kimpex trailing arms???

Any good? Do the at least look the same as the Yamaha part??

Last edited by a moderator:

they are junk. i put a set on my 97 SX and they both bowed badly after the first ride. the yamaha dealer i got them from took them back and i payed the difference for some genuine yamaha arms and never had any more issues. i would not buy them.

well my oem yama arm folded like a tin can, I got a kimpex comming for $60 if it looks weak I will weld a gusset on it before I paint it

Thanks for the comments, I hope it will work!

Yes, they bend much easier than the OEM ones. Be careful with too much added strength - if you ever hit something hard enough, it may bend your tunnel instead. Trailing arms are much easier to replace than a tunnel I assure you. However, you really get to know your sled better when you replace the tunnel, so not all is a loss.

They are suposed to fold like a tin, they are meant to do that. The problem with the aftermarket is if you jump ir hit something they are weaker than the OEM.

JMO

Nick

I hope that works out for you. I have never heard of a stock trailing arm just bending, had it been previously damaged?

OldBlue#2 said:
I hope that works out for you. I have never heard of a stock trailing arm just bending, had it been previously damaged?

A stump was involved, bent the radius rods...........ect. The OEM arm did exactly as designed. My SX is a spare sled, 09 Nytro is my primary. I will try the Kimpex and report

I have taco'd a stock arm, both rad rods, ski saddle, and a front shock on one of my previous proactions...... it can be done I assure you! All it takes is a hell of a snow storm and a manual switch arm on a railroad grade at night.

Aftermaket arms

I have sold a bunch of Sport Products Inc aftermaket arms (made in Tiawan) with no callbacks or returns in three years of selling them. Heavy construction with near copy of welding on factory ones. Decent price too. Never sold the Kimpex ones so have no history on that brand...

The OEM's are high quality, but in this economy most people don't seem to care as long as it fits and at a decent price.

OldBlue#2 said:

Many call them the B.A. suspension (Bending Arm). I have seen guys bend them at 10mph crossing RR tracks at an angle when the carbides grab instead of hitting the rails straight on !

Vmax540 said:
Many call them the B.A. suspension (Bending Arm). I have seen guys bend them at 10mph crossing RR tracks at an angle when the carbides grab instead of hitting the rails straight on !

I've seen too many crashes at railroad crossings to take them lightly... tread lightly and cross at 90 degrees!

The TA on my SRX bent on an unmarked trail at a creek crossing at a very low speed. It bent sooner than I would have expected but as Ding says it better than tunnel replacement.

Back