SRX not running well, HELP?????

yama-matt

:dunno: So my 1999 SRX 600 is having problems idling with the choke off. The sled will run great at high RPMs (with the choke off) but will completely stall when I stop unless half choked. I have to start it, even warm, on half choke. Anyone have any experience with this? I recently drained all the gas and started over with new premium. Any help? Thank you.

your pilot jets are plugged. you have to pull the carbs and clean them out. use a thin strand of wire to poke through the jets. Cleaner will not open them up on its own.

sounds like some pluged pilot jet's to me, first thing i would do is a good carb cleaning

pilot jets/pilot circuits are plugged like already said. simply take the carbs off the sled and take pilot jets and fuel screws out. make sure you get that spring, washer, and o-ring out of the fuel screw hole. then take carb cleaner and blow thru the jets and in the carbs, where the jets thread into and where the fuel screw threads into. then take the air compressor and blow thru the jets and carbs good. put back together and whalla. just make sure to check the number of turns to closed that the fuel screws are set at, and return screws to that same position. good luck.

Back