SRX occasional stall

ottawaair

First ride out this year, my sled will just die. I will be tearing along & stall. doesn't happen at any given speed or terrain, might run great for 2 hrs. then stall. When it stalls, starts right back up. I mean I can still be coasting along, when the engine stops rotating enough for the recoil to grab, it fires right back up. One quick yank & it's going, maybe for 5 minutes, maybe for an hour. Don't know where to look since it starts so easily again, I don't think it's fuel related or I would have to pull it more times. It doesn't need to cool down to start or anything. When it's going, it runs great, doesn't miss a beat. Will stall when wide open or idling, but it fires right back up & runs perfect. Any ideas. Last night i noticed temp. light flashing 3 times once in a while?? 99 SRX 700

need to start with the famous wire rub through under the engin...... Unplug some connectors and pull the harness up and out enough to look at the wires....you will need to untape and look inside even if the outer tape looks good.

Tod

Check left footwell wires that turn 180 going up into CDI as well. I had a half dozen that were worn through. In hindsight it was amazing it even ran.

does the tach do any kind of flutter when going from high beam to low beam while riding the sled or sometimes even sitting still?

when it dies, does it seem to do it in a bumpy section of trail?

My situation was so darn intermittant it drove me nutz for a year and a half. Never had issues w/the high/low beam though. Sorry.

The rub through issues wer taken care of last year, there was no rub through, but when it burned down i took the motor out & checked harness, re-taped it & ran it in some plastic sleeve. Not saying it couldn't be the problem, but i don't think so. The wire by the footwell will have to be looked at. I have not noticed the tach fluttering, & it does not matter the terrain, bumps, smooth, sitting still, idling wide open, cruising. It has quit about 10 times now & no pattern as yet.

Back