Ski Upgrade Question

Monkey_Throttle

I scored some all Plastic Yamaha Skis that I was told would fit my 97 vmax. I am not sure if they are Skis off a Viper or Nytro.
They do bolt on. The issue I am having is my ski bushing. It appears to be a saddle bushing and my skis require a flat bottom bushing.
My question is... do I just modify my ski bushing by cutting the saddle part off and making it flat?
The post I have read are not very clear about this or maybe I bought the wrong skis.

I cant figure out how to attach pictures but I do have some

Cheers!!

I scored some all Plastic Yamaha Skis that I was told would fit my 97 vmax. I am not sure if they are Skis off a Viper or Nytro.
They do bolt on. The issue I am having is my ski bushing. It appears to be a saddle bushing and my skis require a flat bottom bushing.
My question is... do I just modify my ski bushing by cutting the saddle part off and making it flat?
The post I have read are not very clear about this or maybe I bought the wrong skis.

I cant figure out how to attach pictures but I do have some

Cheers!!
If you are talking about the ski rubber, this is what I did when I installed apex skis on my vmax. I just cut off the "ears" at the bottom of the rubber, and I've experienced no issues.

Ya I am considering it. Thank you for the links!
I'm going to compare the stock skis and how they sit on my concrete vs the new ones. Depending on what I'll see I'll just guess lol or like you said, just wedge something in there for testing purposes.

I added a 1/8th shim and it now it sits on the middle of the carbide rather then the front half. I think this was an issue with my metal skis too, because the front on my carbide would wear down quicker.

Back