96 Yamaha Phazer II stator?

Cherrypicker

Picked up a nice 96 model, thought it had spark, but appears no. I have two multimeters, guess I need three as they don't agree on readings.
I've had problems with spark plug ends and test to see if they register 5K Ohms and appear to. Testing the stator has proven difficult as the cable ends are tough to insert the probes into, and have been inconclusive. Local dealers don't have time for it now, so I am in search of a stator that will work, the ones on Ebay and other places fit up to 93 models, so I am wondering what the difference may be other than end connectors?
If that is the case, guess I could modify the connectors, but if you have some other info I'd appreciate it.

Picked up a nice 96 model, thought it had spark, but appears no. I have two multimeters, guess I need three as they don't agree on readings.
I've had problems with spark plug ends and test to see if they register 5K Ohms and appear to. Testing the stator has proven difficult as the cable ends are tough to insert the probes into, and have been inconclusive. Local dealers don't have time for it now, so I am in search of a stator that will work, the ones on Ebay and other places fit up to 93 models, so I am wondering what the difference may be other than end connectors?
If that is the case, guess I could modify the connectors, but if you have some other info I'd appreciate it.
Did you manage to figure out what the problem was

Not yet, may swap out a CDI from another machine, but for right now playing with a couple other sleds.
I'd double check your coil before trying to find an expensive stator. Before Christmas I bought a 97 Venture and the previous old guy had it at a shop and they diagnossed it to be a bad stator, and had bought a used one off ebay.

Considering how tight the engine bay was I decided to pull the engine out to change it. Once I got the engine out I noticed the replacement he had bought was the incorrect one. So I doubled checked the maunal he gave me as well and was still getting inconclusive results. Later that evening I was flipping through the manual and noticed the stator looked different on a few pages low and behold he bought the wrong manual as well..... I found the correct one online and sure enough my stator was GOOD so was the pickup coil. All results pointed to a bad ignition coil. I opted to order OEM as the aftermarket ones in my exerience are no good.

While waiting for parts I decided to ultrasonic clean the carbs, check the fuel pump, replace all the fuel lines and clean up and polish the whole engine area.

I received the new OEM coil and put everything back together and she fired up right away. I'm sure happy I did a little extra reading and research before throwing away money at parts I didn't need.

Lessons Learned...... Don't trust the previous owner and the paper trail they have.

Back