89 ss440 fuel pump?

crpryor

I bought an 89 ss440 earlier today and it seems to be having a fueling issue it will start and idle to warm up but once you go to ride it it just dies out somone added a boat primer bulb onto it and if you pump it up it fires right back up and runs great so that makes me think it’s a fuel pump it looks to be a vacuum fuel pump and if it is would any basic fuel pump for a lawn mower or something I could pick up at Home Depot work until I get the right one I'm not to familiar with sleds and any advice would be appreciated

I bought an 89 ss440 earlier today and it seems to be having a fueling issue it will start and idle to warm up but once you go to ride it it just dies out somone added a boat primer bulb onto it and if you pump it up it fires right back up and runs great so that makes me think it’s a fuel pump it looks to be a vacuum fuel pump and if it is would any basic fuel pump for a lawn mower or something I could pick up at Home Depot work until I get the right one I'm not to familiar with sleds and any advice would be appreciated
You can rebuild them. Should find a kit on ebay. Usually the diaphragm gets a pin hole it it.

Okay I’ve got it ordered I was just trying to see if it work as a quick fix until the rebuild kit came

check the fuel filter while you are at it. i have had one rot in 1/2 on a sled that it took me a long time to find the parts for.

Back