Srx base vs red headbase

modsrx

Why on a srx the base around the rod are way smaller vs a red head . What will happend if we remove the red circle on a srx base to match the red head base

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_234312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_234312_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240308_234449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_234449_Chrome.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 5

Mrviper would be the expert on this but I don't think he is on the forums much anymore. I had and have seen other mod SRX and Viper "ported" cases where all of the additional material has been removed very much like the Red Head crankcases are. I don't know how big an effect porting the cases in this way had but it sure didn't hurt and we all know a mod ported and piped Red Head engine is a great performance engine.
The other tripple tripple sleds of the era like the XCR 800 did not have the additional material either.

Thnx bob this is the reason i was asking since not much motor from all other brand do have the additionnal stuff

Mrviper would be the expert on this but I don't think he is on the forums much anymore. I had and have seen other mod SRX and Viper "ported" cases where all of the additional material has been removed very much like the Red Head crankcases are. I don't know how big an effect porting the cases in this way had but it sure didn't hurt and we all know a mod ported and piped Red Head engine is a great performance engine.
The other tripple tripple sleds of the era like the XCR 800 did not have the additional material either.
I guess don aka mrviper did a break of forums like i did for almost 5 or 6 years .atleast i still got the search option . I remember you also from that time

Back