Thermo Sensor Plug wire Broke.

SX700RNY

2000 Sx700r

I was going over my engine, and noticed the blue wire for the thermo sensor was broken off the plug right at the plug. It appears that this is part of the wiring harness.

Has anyone had this happen? I can't see an easy way to fix this connection.

How does the thermosensor not being connected effect the engine?'

Thermo sensor plug

I had the same problem. The wires broke off at the plug. If you wire tie the harness to the heater hose and leave a little slack at the connector this will not happen again. As far as fixing it yamaha has a kit that you can buy to re-crip the harness wires to new connectors and then insert the connectors into a new top section of the sensor. The top plastic piece of the sensor comes off and that is where the 2 connectors get inserted into.

This may be an old post but I couldn't find a soulution to this anywhere other than - Talk to your dealer - . This doesn't work for me due to the fact that my dealer isn't knowledgeable. I talked to an old friend of mine who runs a Yammi shop Up North. he gave me the Yammi part number. I ordered it. Butin the mean time I got by with some help from a local electronics shop that had some of the very small red insulated female flat connectors, and some large heat shrink. I ordered the connector from my dealer. He wasn't even aware of this part.

This may be an old post but I couldn't find a soulution to this anywhere other than - Talk to your dealer - . This doesn't work for me due to the fact that my dealer isn't knowledgeable. I talked to an old friend of mine who runs a Yammi shop Up North. he gave me the Yammi part number. I ordered it. Butin the mean time I got by with some help from a local electronics shop that had some of the very small red insulated female flat connectors, and some large heat shrink. I ordered the connector from my dealer. He wasn't even aware of this part.
Taylzee, Do you remember the part # for the Yamaha kit? I have 2 broken ones and have a picture of the kit but no Yamaha Part #s Thx

Back