Need help with 600 twin clutching

FuzzButt said:
I am real quick past 60. 60-80 is very nice then it starts settling down as it come up to 90. That is usually where I run out of trail. It's hard running flat out when your in the lead. I think I had it just past 90 last month. That's fast enough for a trail sled.

Mine acts just like this as well, but I get it over 90 even on unpacked snow on the lake. I saw a little over 95 on the dream o meter like this. I thought that was pretty darn nice for a 136" 2 up.

That kid I had to chase down on that new sabrecat 500 was not so happy especially when I went by him at over 90, and had him slow down so I could tell him not to trespass on my land to get to the lake. :rulez:

Well what does everyone recomend to me as the best set-up then for 600 twin clutching??
I need to order weighs, springs, helix and get this back together ASAP!!

About the 8AB's

As rode if I was already spinning 7000 RPM and then nailed it it would not backshift and literally would stay at 7000-7100. If I was spinning 6000 (say riding ~40MPH) and then nailed it I was up to 7800 and then it would drift down to 7400.

Maybe it was the way the weights were setup. Once I put the stock 8CR's with the stock rivets back in it was back to working correctly. But better since I was using a much different (no idea the specs) helix from MaxPerformance. I really like the setup right now. I see the occasional 8000ish RPM if I WFO at just about any clip but after a few seconds it drops to 7800.

I'm not saying the 8AB's are bad just that for my 600 they were not setup correctly. Maybe if I drilled out the rivets and installed lighter ones it would be different. Looking at the charts and where the mass (in relation to the shape of the weight) was on the 8AB's compared to the 8CR's I thought I made the right choice. I'd go and verify what is on the 8AB's if I knew where I put them.

Last edited:

Back