"srx 780 ice machine (shogun) project"

i have some chromoly arms now and i also got this paragon clutch i want to try out. very bust right now still collecting parts no time to work on it.

Attachments

• srx clutch (2).jpg
    srx clutch (2).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 25
  • shogun arms (2).jpg
    shogun arms (2).jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 26

i have a aluminum hub for my brake now and i am going to go pickup my anti ratchets tommorow.

Attachments

• shogun rotor.jpg
    shogun rotor.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 15
http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snow...a-and-lightweight-snowmobile-parts-20232.html

This is a good read on how mounting the brake on the drive axle instead of the jackshaft reduces rotational inertia more than changing from a steel to composite brake. Pretty interesting read...

I also thought it was interesting that the stationary weight savings from a titanium axle was more effective than the rotational weight savings...

Out of curiosity, what does that bulky secondary weigh in at?

amatosrx said:
i have a aluminum hub for my brake now and i am going to go pickup my anti ratchets tommorow.

so last year your trail sled was giving that hopped up over priced skidonkey a run for its money!!!!!

I cant wait to see what your purpose built does!!!!

2ooosrx said:
http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snow...a-and-lightweight-snowmobile-parts-20232.html

This is a good read on how mounting the brake on the drive axle instead of the jackshaft reduces rotational inertia more than changing from a steel to composite brake. Pretty interesting read...

I also thought it was interesting that the stationary weight savings from a titanium axle was more effective than the rotational weight savings...

Out of curiosity, what does that bulky secondary weigh in at?
it weighs 13 lbs and afew ounces. i am going to have some weight taken out of it if can by micro belmont.

i just picked up some hauck srx race pipes and a high rev cdi for my project. also talked to doug flannery and he is going to port my cylinders and cases to match these pipes. sounds like over 200 bhp with this set up. getting excited to see this old iron on the ice.

I haven't seen the paragons used much in the drag racing world. Not saying that it wont work. I have had great luck with the bearcat secondary.

I know doug is the man with polaris. Cant wait to see what he can do with a yamaha. Should get hooked up this season so i can see your sled run. I have my own test track with timers, which it the only way to tune a improver/prostock.

sxr-x said:
I know doug is the man with polaris. Cant wait to see what he can do with a yamaha. Should get hooked up this season so i can see your sled run. I have my own test track with timers, which it the only way to tune a improver/prostock.
yes sound good i have a place on gun lake we are out there alot on the ice. and yes it will be nice to see what doug can do with my 780. i just got some hauck drag pipes 9800 rpms also a hauck race cdi. i am having chromoly arms being made right now. still getting all of the parts i need for the build. just so busy around the house getting ready for winter. haven't had time to start this build. where do u run your sled at.

amatosrx said:
yes sound good i have a place on gun lake we are out there alot on the ice. and yes it will be nice to see what doug can do with my 780. i just got some hauck drag pipes 9800 rpms also a hauck race cdi. i am having chromoly arms being made right now. still getting all of the parts i need for the build. just so busy around the house getting ready for winter. haven't had time to start this build. where do u run your sled at.

I spoke with Mark for awhile about his racing days on the srx (The guy you bought the CDI and Pipes from) and he told me he made ~190 HP at 10,200 RPM. Thought I would let you know.

sxr-x said:

Doug has some old fan cool Exciters that has some smoke in it. Also did a open mod 4cyl doo, some cats..

2ooosrx said:
I spoke with Mark for awhile about his racing days on the srx (The guy you bought the CDI and Pipes from) and he told me he made ~190 HP at 10,200 RPM. Thought I would let you know.
yes he told me that. his motor was a 700 mine is going to be 780 so i should see some good numbers out this beast. did u buy the hood from him.

I completely forgot you were building a 780, that makes more sense now. I did end up buying the hood from him. It is on hold until the next time I head up his way but it is considered sold. Thanks again for the reference.

sxr-x said:
Put a polaris edge chaincase in it so you can run 10 tooth drivers and 1.200 chisels would be a good addition.

Also you should had purchased a 13.5x128 track. 4 lbs lighter. My prostock 800 never spun with a 128 with a wahl.

Eric do you have to go with a Polaris brake as well or can you mount the Yamaha caliper on the Polaris case?

Which Polaris case are you using?

well my hauck high rev pipes showed tonight also got my high rev cdi. i am going to blast and hightemp powdercoat the pipes silver.

Attachments

• shogun pipes (2).jpg
    shogun pipes (2).jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 21
  • shogun pipes front (2).jpg
    shogun pipes front (2).jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 19
here is the new rear wheels and started to fab the extension.

Attachments

• shogun tunnel (2).jpg
    shogun tunnel (2).jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 21
jtssrx said:
Eric do you have to go with a Polaris brake as well or can you mount the Yamaha caliper on the Polaris case?

Which Polaris case are you using?

jason,

I used the chaincase out of the edge chassis. As far as the brake i have mine mounted on the drive axle. Also i used the stock jackshaft that goes with the polaris chaincase and use a bearcat secondary.

2ooosrx said:

I'm not shure on that my stocker use to whoop up on his improve 700 at every race.He's a nice guy but a big bs'r

here is a billet hub i got. a friend of mine is going to make me a lightweight stainless rotor. going to save a few lbs. i will show pics when done.

Attachments

• srx rotor..jpg
    srx rotor..jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9

Back