Help with gps mapping

Yamahaulic

I am looking to download or add trail maps of wisconsin (juneau, vernon, monroe counties mainly) into my gps. I have a Garmin nuvi 2200 in my car. I believe there is a way to load trail maps to sd card but there are not transparent and dont show roads, POI, etc...??

I also have Lowrance ifinder H2O and have mapcreate 7 software. I have no idea where to start with these. Any help is appreciated

I understand I can mark trails as I ride them, but that defeats the purpose. I am new to this area of Wi and would like to know where I am going before hand. Just trying to make use of technology so I can scare all the wildlife and not get lost doing it. (and yes I do have the paper maps, but I want to save the trees so I can use them like a slalom course)

Vvmapping or redpine both do Wisconsin snowmobile trails and show roads. I've been using vvmapping and love it for mi. They are spot on! I highly re commend vvmapping but have never used redpine so can't comment. Vvmapping sends you a small SD for your GPS, so no effort downloading.

We use Lowrance products I have a 3500 c and my Son has Elete 4 I have sold many Elete 4 with a ram mount that is pivotable. I still prefer my old 3500C This is a 5" color screen mounted directly into my handlebars. I have not used any Garman product, but I am sure they are nice as well. Good luck Oh, VV Mapping is the way to go, I have been working with Jeremy for many years producing trails. We map trails every year and send actuall ridden trails to VVmapping. Jeremy cleans up the mapped trails and uploads into current maps and charts for future uploads. You can trust that every trail from VVmapping has been actually run. Al

Back