How to adjust the needle to run more rich? Pics..

No problem ask away. I learned everthing i know from here and asking questions. When i first started my first question was where's the spark plugs? LOL!! Keep at it and ask before doing if not sure. You will get it. CCC

There is a cut orange wire and a yellow wire that is electrical taped to a feed coming off the coils. Just curious about these

af734427.jpg

comatoast said:
also , What is the cable that is just to the left of the tors switch in the pic below? THe one Where just a bit of metal is exposed through the cover.. I pulled it off and there seemed to be no tension on it

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/carbs/carbimg3.jpg

You have three cables. The first one is the throttle (furthest away),middle one is the oil pump( near the tors switch) and the last one is the choke (closest to you in the pic).
Someone has spliced your coil power supply wire with that yellow wire. Confirm that it has been spliced properly which should be a soldered joint. If not, solder the joint and use heat shrink tubing to seal the connection.This will help prevent proplem down the road.

Where is the CDI? It should be mounted on the airbox with two screws underneath the wire loom :dunno:

One of the first things we do is raise the clip one notch and leave the washers where they were. The common Yamaha burble clears up and the sled is much cleaner running. Hint : do not loose the clip ! Lay the needle on a flat surface and while retaining the clip with your thumb, push the needle down, the clip will slide off. Lack of retention with your thumb may cause the clip to become airborne, not good believe me ! Push the clip back on the needle the same way. Good luck !!!

Okay, I raised the Needles last night. you have to unscrew the allen screws completely not just loosen them. Then the linkage will come out. I took some pictures for people doing this in the future. It was simple once I figured it out
Here is what the carb looks like after you remove the linkage

The linkage that slides off

Pic inside you can see the top of the needle in the bottom of the carb grab it with needle nose pliers

The needle after I raised the position 4th groove down both washers on top. (the 2 plastic washers are covering the 3rd groove in the pic

Back