SRX Power Valve Pullthrough

02YamiSxViper

Just went to clean my wifes SRX power valves and noticed all 3 power valves are almost pulled through. Does anyone fix these or have any for sale? I know there used to be a guy named Rich that did it but I think there was some bad blood on the forum with him.

jabber800 said:
What was the going rate for repairing these things? I have thought about tooling up to do these.

Dan, I think he got $30 a valve but it's been a while. he did the valves for the 780 I got from you. I didn't have a pull through at the time, I did it as preventative maintenance in the off-season. only thing was he didn't chamfer the edges of the slot well so I cut through 2 cables before I got it figured out. someone needs to pick up the slack on this one, there's definitely a need for it. make sure you talk to mrsled first though or I'll be deleting the posts :rulez: :D

I have the mill and lathe available to do it. The big problem for me would be most guys buying these are from the US! Shipping alone would be a killer. If I could set something set up to do 30 at a time and ship them to someone to distribute I would probably consider doing it.

I had him do 3 sets for me, It was $21(supposedly $1 per donated to site) per valve for just the repair. He had an a la cart pricing for cleaning and was dabbling with a new coating. His ad on E bay was for $30 a pop. To bad things went the way the went.

Dan, I could work out a distro thing with you but I think most guys would be happy to pay shipping. either way I wouldn't care to make anything on it as long as the shipping costs were covered. let's try to figure it out. there's definitely a need.

Last edited:
I'm in Ontario like you so shipping for me wouldn't be that bad. Not very often do I get to say that. We Canadians usually get shafted for shipping.

jabber800 said:
I have the mill and lathe available to do it. The big problem for me would be most guys buying these are from the US! Shipping alone would be a killer. If I could set something set up to do 30 at a time and ship them to someone to distribute I would probably consider doing it.
If you do decide to do this that'd be great,I've got 2 or 3 here that I would like done.Surely shipping from here in NB wouldn't kill me too badly.

So I couldn't find any powervalves for less than 100$, which would end up costing 300$ plus for all three. So I found a post on a brake line fix and ended up doing that. Has anyone else done this? If so how long does it last? Is it a bandaid fix or is it a permanent solution?

I have had a few people ask recently if I could repair the valves for pull thru's. I understand that the 1 guy who used to do them got banned or something but is not doing them anymore. I thought about it, and can do these on a regular basis as needed but there would be a few things that would need to be explained.

1.) I would do them 1 time a week as they are a small job and I cant be shutting down a machine and taking out fixtures to do 2 valves. So in order to keep up with the flow I am thinking of 1 day a week just do all the valves that would be here for repair. So youd basicly have a 1 week turn around time. If the need arises for a emergency repair that could be done but would have to have a small ruch cost with it to drop other work to do such a small job.

2.) I would do a set of 3 srx/viper powervalve repairs for $125 a set of 3, this WOULD also include the return USPS priority mail shipping with tracking number for the USA. Canada guys would be $145 a set of 3 with return USPS priority mail.

3.) valve repairs of less then qty 3 would be $45 each

The way I repair them is to machine off the stub where the cable pulls thru, drill and tap the valve. Insert a steel bolt with loctite on it. Machine the bolt head for both heigth and for the diameter(to make round) then drill and cut the slot. My slots are also backcut underneth where the cable contacts the valve so it does not fray the cable.

I have a guy giving me a quote to hard anodize the valves for those wanting new coating on them, I would beadblast the valves and have them reanodized like they are new. I will have to update the pricing on that when I recieve the quote back.

That sounds like a good deal compared to the price of new valves MrViper. It sounds like they will end up better than new.

That is the way to go gentlemen. This is exactly how I fixed mine. Also, that hard anodizing is well worth having done. This fix will be better than new. You are not making a whole lot from that MrViper!

Hey Mrviper, Send me a PM id be willing to go ahead and ship over all three of my Powervalves right now.

The fix sounds good
Can you post pics when you fix some?
Would be interesting to see

Will it also look identical to the stock valve? I had a set done by that guy and I couldn't tell them apart from a stock valve, except the color of the material, that gave it away. The important thing is that the parts (collar, gaskets etc) that go with it have to fit like stock, otherwise, it could leak.

Back