2001 phazer project

so I discoverd that the rough idle is actually it not firing on the pto side while at idle. picks right up with a little throttle. Thinking the pilot circuit is plugged somewhere. I was able to remove all the jets EXCEPT the small ones in the carb throat, they are stuck. Of the 4, only one came out. I did soak the carb rack overnight with all the jets out that would come out, then blasted with carb cleaner followed by 150psi of air. Maybe I will try an ultrasonic cleaning? The only other thing I'm not confident in is the choke adjustment. the book shows the cable needing to be pulled out 1mm, but it is in a cross section that isnt visible, so how exactly is that done? Thoughts anyone?

If someone has ever turned the screw in between the bodies on the throttle shaft, then they could be out of sync at idle.

As for float height, the spring should not be collapsed.

better than what they came with and that is a pretty good price. just make sure to cut the windows open on the track if it hasn't been done. unless snow is excellent, they heat up and drag. had the og ripsaw with the closed windows on my 01 sx500r and when it started heating up the slides, it had trouble pulling the track with the stock snow cross gears. i have cut the windows open with a hole saw for a 1.25" ripsaw from an 04 warrior and put it on a 1990 et400. works great that way.

Back